SACRAMENTO - Assembly Republican Leader Connie Conway, of Tulare, today announced the promotion of Assemblyman Brian Jones, R-Santee, to the post of Republican Caucus Chair. Jones most recently served as Assistant Republican Leader.
"As Republicans continue to serve as the last line of defense for California taxpayers, it is imperative that we stand united in our goal to get more Californians working again," said Conway. "Brian Jones is a strong and principled leader for our Caucus. He has fought to advance our common-sense Republican solutions for true pension reform and balancing our budget while protecting our students, and will continue to serve our Caucus well in his new leadership position."
The Republican Caucus Chair plays an integral role on the Assembly Republican leadership team. The Caucus Chair assists the Leader in advancing the Republican policy agenda and achieving the Caucus' political goals. Additionally, the Caucus Chair regularly communicates with Republican leaders throughout California on key legislative issues and party matters.
Continuing in their current roles on the Republican Caucus leadership team are:
- Assistant Republican Floor Leader: Assemblyman Curt Hagman, R-Chino Hills
- Assistant Republican Leader: Assemblyman Steve Knight, R-Palmdale
- Chief Republican Whip: Assemblyman Dan Logue, R-Linda, Assemblymember Kristin Olsen, R-Modesto
- Republican Whips: Assemblyman Mike Morrell, R-Rancho Cucamonga and Assemblyman Paul Cook, R-Yucca Valley
- Deputy Republican Floor Manager: Assemblyman Donald P. Wagner, R-Irvine
- Republican Outreach Chair: Assemblyman Jeff Gorell, R-Camarillo
- Assembly Budget Committee Vice Chair: Assemblyman Jim Nielsen, R-Gerber
- Assembly Appropriations Committee Vice Chair: Assemblywoman Diane Harkey, R-Dana Point
- Assembly Rules Committee Vice Chair: Assemblyman Jim Silva, R-Huntington Beach